Todays recipe Pizzadilla is a quick easy recipe made with very simple ingredients. It is basically cheesy pizza toppings stuffed in flour tortillas. These pizzadillas is a very good snack option as its really very quick. Tortillas are usually made with flour but for this recipe you can also make them with 1:1 ratio wheat flour and flour. For the stuffing you can add your favourite pizza toppings or salad toppings along with some pizza sauce or creamy white sauce and yes the most important ingredient Cheese. For non vegetarians you can follow the same process along with your favourite chicken toppings.
So lets see how to make this quick delicious Pizzadillas.
- 1.5 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- 1-2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced mushroom
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup bell peppers red, yellow and green
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- Oregano as required
- Red chilli flakes as required
- Olive oil for cooking
- 1/2 cup white sauce
- 3-4 tbsp red chilli sauce or pizza sauce
1. In a bowl add all the ingredients of the dough and knead a soft dough.
2. Cover and let it rest for 15 mins.
3. Now for the stuffing heat oil in a pan add finely chopped garlic and saute for few seconds.
4. Add finely chopped onions and cook till they are soft and nice pink in colour.
5. Next add sliced mushrooms, tomatoes, bell pepper, corn kernels and saute for 3-4 mins.
6. Season with some salt, pepper powder, mixed herb seasoning mix well and switch off the flame.
7. The stuffing is ready.
8. Take a ball size portion of the dough and roll out thin in a shape of roti.
9. Cook the roti from both the sides till nice brown and crisp.
10. Spread a layer of red chilli sauce and white sauce on the roti.
11. Add 2-3 tbsp of the stuffing on one side of the roti, add grated cheese from top.
12. Fold the roti and cut in half from the centre.
13. Similarly prepare rest of the pizzadillas.
14. Serve hot with your favourite sauce.
I hope you like the recipe do give it a try I am sure you will love it. Also share your reviews in the comment box below. I would love to hear from you all. Stay tuned for more such quick and delicious recipes till then Happy Cooking!